A huge thanks to Katie, of Whisperings of the Pen, for hosting this motivational tool!
1) What is your writing goal?
To finish the current draft of As Fairydust Settles.
2) Give us a short synopsis of your project. What makes it unique?
AFS is a sequel to Shrouded Jewels, and continues to follow Mical and Davey as they go through the realities of deception, love, and brokenness. It's unique in that it follows the Bible story found in 1 Samuel 18, but with a modern twist.
3) How long have you been working on this project?
Oh...since November, 2011.
4) How often do you intend to write in order to reach your goal by August 1st?
Daily, even if only a couple sentences come out.
5) Introduce us to three of your favorite characters in this project.
Davey, Sammy, and Anna. The hero (Davey), naturally, is a favorite. He's far from perfect, but I love his strength. Sammy is a wonderful mentor with a thilly side, and Anna is sweet and honest.
6) Go to page 16 (or 6, 26, or 66!) of your writing project. Share your favorite line or snippet on the page.
Anna sat on the ground, facing Mical. She crossed her legs and leaned forward. “How’s it going?”
Mical glanced up at the clock on the far wall. Squinting her eyes slightly, she saw that she still had almost half an hour before class. “Okay.”
She bit her lip. Somehow, Anna always knew.
7) Tea or coffee?
I do try to drink more tea, but it has to be coffee (especially with French Vanilla Creamer, but I love it with milk and sugar, too). The flavor and smell are just fantastic.